HR managers face numerous challenges daily, but nothing is more intense than going through the recruitment and employee onboarding process. The talent pool is shrinking, and succeeding in the quest to find and retain the perfect candidate has become more important than ever.
Proper onboarding of new employees costs a company time and resources, but we know it’s well worth the investment. If you put time and effort into a good onboarding process, it can increase employee retention by up to 82%.
We want to help ensure you have the best possible onboarding experience, which is why we have curated this list of HR software that specialises in onboarding features, solutions and processes to help you save resources.
So, if you want to improve your onboarding experience, here are Mo’s recommendations!
The best HR software for onboarding
You might recognise monday.com, because it’s a common workflow tool, but did you know they actually have many different HR features? Perfect for HR teams who need help with the recruitment pipeline, employee wellbeing, development and learning, and the onboarding process.
The platform arms HR managers with a readymade onboarding template that can be easily adjusted as the process progresses. Here are some of monday.com’s top features:
- Help with employee onboarding and training
- Help hiring managers plan and coordinate the recruitment process
- Can easily facilitate performance reviews
- Employees can easily submit time off requests and managers can receive notifications if a request is pending longer than expected
- Ability to create customisable workflows with readymade templates
- Integrate monday.com with apps like Slack, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Jira GitHub, Trello, DropBox and many more
You can start a 14-day free trial with monday.com, and plans start from £7 per seat per month.
Gusto is a modern, online human resource platform that helps small businesses take care of all HR tasks. The tools offered include managing employee onboarding, running payroll, administering employee benefits, and engaging employees and teams using one integrated, easy-to-use platform.
Gusto’s hiring and onboarding tool can help with hiring the first employees, scaling a fast-growing business, and finding great employees. Features include:
- Creating job posts and offer letters,allowing you to track applications
- Customisable onboarding checklists
- Integrations that allow you to combine your Gusto account with applicant tracking systems
- Send, sign and store documents in your Gusto account
- Set employees up with favourite tools in just a few clicks, from Slack, Livestorm and Zoom to Office365
Pricing for Gusto starts from $40 per month + $6 per month per person.
Rippling is an employee management platform that makes it easy to manage your company’s payroll, benefits, HR and IT in one modern workplace. It can bring together your employee systems and automate work such as onboarding.
Rippling claims you can onboard new hires in just 90 seconds by entering basic information like start date and salary. They will then handle everything your employee needs to succeed from day one. Features include:
- One-click job posting
- Automate calendars and scheduling
- Integrate with Google, Outlook etc
- Generate a wide range of reports
- Establish custom hiring workflows
Pricing starts at $8 per month per user, and you can also get a free quote depending on the features you would like to use.
BambooHR offers small and growing businesses a Human Resource Information System (HRIS) that includes an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), time tracking and workforce data analytics to manage all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
With BambooHR, they claim you spend less time focusing on the formalities of onboarding and more on creating better first days when using their software. BambooHR’s onboarding features include:
- Create and send personalised templates to new hires
- Automation tools send onboarding tasks to new hires that can be completed at their own pace
- Helps new employees create new connections within the workplace
- An offboarding process that allows you to collect feedback to improve the workplace
- E-signature system to simplify the onboarding process
You have to sign up to BambooHR first to activate a free trial. The trial has access to a range of features, including onboarding, and you can then contact them at the end of the trial for a quote.
Eddy is an all-in-one HR suite built for local businesses. With Eddy, companies can streamline tedious HR processes and improve the employee experience.
Easy-to-use software with access to hiring, onboarding, time-tracking, training and payroll tools. Eddy was founded in 2019 and has come a long way in that time! Here are some of their onboarding features:
- Paperless onboarding experience
- Create, send, sign and store documents in your account
- Self-onboarding tools to save time
- Personalised message feature for new hires
Eddy’s pricing packages start at $49 + $8 per person per month, or you can design a custom price quote.
For HR, leaders and managers, intelliHR is a people management platform to align, manage and enable employees. The software includes HRIS, performance management, engagement and feedback, compliance and employee retention features.
intelliHR adds value through the workflows and automation features available, such as streamlining the onboarding process from induction to probation, policy acceptance and paperless processes. Features include:
- Onboarding programs and automated workflows to save time and streamline processes
- Nurture new starts with performance management to help reach peak performance quicker with goals, recognition, check-ins and feedback
- Offboarding features to gain feedback and get a picture of turnover and retention with AI-powered analytics
intelliHR packages start from £3.90 per employee per month, or you can create a custom enterprise solution.
ClearCompany is a complete talent management solution to help businesses quickly hire and retain their top talent. Complete with ATS, ClearCompany also offers employee engagement, performance management and onboarding solutions.
With their onboarding tool, ClearCompany makes paperless onboarding simple:
- Define and automate onboarding tasks within the system
- Introduce new hires to the workforce before they start to build employee engagement
- Easily onboard groups of new hires all at once with the bulk onboarding tool
- Integrate with leading payroll providers and HRIS systems
- Share new hire performance goals and set dates for advance check-ins
ClearCompany believes in a pricing model that works the way you do, so you have to contact them directly to get a quote.
WorkBright is a mobile-first employee onboarding software that will help you create a completely paperless onboarding process. Not only do you get a 100% remote onboarding process, WorkBright also over a 60-day money-back guarantee should you decide you don’t want to continue with their services. Features include:
- Tools to make onboarding quick and easy with no paperwork
- WorkBright automatically sends the documents that new hires need to fulfil once you enter their name and email address
- Sends prompts to the new employee to fill in their forms before the due date.
Pricing for WorkBright starts at $178 for teams from 1-100, and you can get a custom quote.
eduMe is a Workforce Success Platform to train, inform and engage employees. Their onboarding solution allows more of your new joiners to become productive in less time. Increase the quality of their initial work, setting a base for future performance improvements and higher retention. Features include:
- Admins can use eduMe to create engaging content that can improve knowledge retention and new hires’ performance from the get go.
- Reduce trainer headcount and deliver vital introductory training that meets internal standards and makes a real difference to an infinite number of new hires, across infinite territories.
- Unengaged hires are at risk of churn. Grab and hold their attention with high velocity training that not only lands, but sticks, standing them in good stead for weeks and months to come.
- Implement Assessments at the end of your onboarding courses and access real time data to make sure low performers don’t slip through the net.
Pricing for eduMe is custom based on the number of users required.
A cloud-based human resources, benefits and payroll solution designed for small businesses, GoCo offers an innovative and effective human resources management solution. GoCo will automate your hiring and onboarding process to allow for a paperless first-day experience. Features include:
- Make your best offer by automatically sending customised offer letters
- Digitally send, sign and collect onboarding documents
- Self-service benefits enrollment
- Simplified payroll set-up
- Automate and streamline onboarding workflow
- Integrate with ATS
GoCo pricing starts at $5 per employee per month, or you can opt for a custom quote built around your needs.
Why is the onboarding experience important?
Onboarding is important because it helps employees settle into their role, the company’s philosophies, and what the company has to offer. It also engages employees, creating teams that are committed to the company’s success and helps retain top talent.
If you want to continue to improve employee engagement beyond the onboarding experience, Mo can help!
Mo is an employee engagement platform that helps leaders improve collaboration and morale, reduce employee churn and drive change.
Our platform creates a vibrant culture by developing team habits, encouraging people to celebrate successes, recognise results and appreciate colleagues.
Great for any team. An absolute must-have for distributed teams. Your complete toolkit for connecting and motivating teams in the new world of work.
Book a demo with our team today!